William Stravato begins his student career at the age of fourteen, studying classical guitar with M° Antonio D’Augello. Along with the classical studies William begins playing electric guitar. As a self- taught student, William begins learning all blues and rock classics from Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Santana to Richie Blackmore and Jimi Page. Very soon William starts a live career with his own rock band playing in local live music clubs and continuing studying modern jazz with M° Rocco Zifarelli.
In 1996 William obtains a degree in Modern Languages and Literature at Roma Tre University of Rome.
In 1997 William attends the Guitar Institute of Technology in Los Angeles specializing in fusion and jazz studying with Scott Henderson, Joe Diorio, Allen Hinds, Carl Verheyan, Mike Miller, Brett Garsed, T.J. Helmerich, Steve Trovato, Jeff Richman, Joey Tafolla, Allen Hinds, Dave Hill and attending seminars with Mike Stern, Frank Gambale, Don Mock, Peter Sprague.
- Live and studio session man work for Italian pop artists
- Touring in US with Italian pop artists
- 1998 – living in US for a year and working as Guitar Instructor in Chicago music stores
- 1999 – records SURVIVOR, his first album as solo artist for the Italian label Virtuoso Records. The album has been distributed worldwide.
- 2000 – starts his career as clinician all over Europe
- 2002 – records his second album CYBERTONES for the same Virtuoso Records label.
- 2003 – collaborates with the Finnish Lion Music Label playing in the Uli Jon Roth tribute album.
- 2004 – tours in Spain as supporter band for Richie Kotzen, playing also live with the drummer Pat Torpey (Mr.Big) and the bass player Phil Soussen (Ozzy Osbourne)
- 2004 – records a new album band called Contact in collaboration with guitarist Salvatore Russo, the album has been distributed by Axe Magazine, recognized as the best seller Italian guitar album ever
- 2006 – collaborates with the English Liquide Note Records recording and producing the song called Stratosphere along with famous guitarist Brett Garsed
- 2006 – tours Italy in Brett Garsed Band.
- 2007 – plays at Eddie Lang Jazz Festival with Brett Garsed Band.
- 2010 and 2011 – plays at Ziua Chitarelor festival in Bucarest with Greg Howe, Michael Angelo, Andy Timmons, Brett Garsed, Michael Lee Firkins, Guthrie Govan, Jennifer Batten, Richard Hallebeek Andreas Oberg, Dave Martone, Stuart Hamm, Mike Vandherule.
- William also played and collaborated with: Peppino D’Agostino, Pippo Matino, Massimo Manzi, Michael Manring, Lorenzo Feliciati, Gianluca Palmieri, John Macaluso (Malmsteen,TNT etc.), Gianluca Capitani, Greg Bissonette, Ian Paice etc.William is currently teaching at Saint Louis College of Music of Rome.
He is going to publish a guitar method called Rock Guitar Xperience, which will be distributed by Saint Louis College of Music Label, and also publishing his new album called URANUS.
At present he is collaborating as columnist for the Italian Axe Magazine, the Italian guitar magazine and working as clinic translator for guitarists such as Frank Gambale, Scott Henderson, Joey Diorio, Stanley Jordan etc.