STUDY PLAN COMPOSITION
The study plan of the three year pre-academic course in Composition is devided in:
- Harmony. The study of harmony is intended to deepen the knowledge of the vertical aspect of music, the knowledge of chords in a classic and professional context (film, pop music, advertising, sonorization, short films, documentaries…). The student will gain further competences trough specific exercises that will allow him/her to use over time a more refined and advanced music vocabulary.
- Composition. The development of creativity is considered the most important aspect, so the students will be guided from their first classes in creating music. Music composition is infact considered in its most spontanious and large dimension which involves all types of styles and languages that characterize our historic era. The study and the analysis of schores will regard all of the most important centuaries, stressing the modern and contemporary one.
- Counterpoint. The study of counterpoint is intended to deepen the student’s knowledge of the horizontal aspect of music. It will show the student how to conduct the different voices in an indipendent yet complementary way both in a clasical setting and in professional application (film, pop music, advertising, sonorization, short films, documentaries…). The student will gain further competences trough specific exercises that will allow him to be indipendent in the use of the various “parti musicali” making his compositions more articulated and interesting.
- Instrumentation and Orchestration. The study of instrumentation and orchestration is made up of the analysis of music that goes the 1700 hundreds up to our days and the study of the characteristics of every instrument in an orchestra (extension, technical possibilities, “peculiarità timbriche” etc…). Both classical scores and schores for images and discography will be analyzed.
complementary piano, in order to develop a harmonic sense and to master the piano techniques needed to compose, orchestrate and read scores.
- Hard disk recording, compleate course of music technology to manage softwares of sequencing, “campionamento”, and to syncronize sounds with images.
- Basic course in orchestra conducting. The course, optional but open only to the students of composition, consists of a series of classes that are created to allow the students to become autonomous in the orchestration and the conducting of their own musical works. The aquisition of the most important orchestra techniques will allow the student to be more secure and indipendent in creating his/her compositions in the recording studio or during live performances.