MUSIC TECHNOLOGY & SOUND ENGINEERING BACHELOR
The Music Technology and Sound Engineering Bachelor is an innovative and up-to-date Course, targeted to the creation of professionals such as live or recording studio Sound Engineers, Sound Designers and Programmers, tv/radio sound engineers, Midi programmers and music technicians.
A specialization Diploma, a wealth of experience and complete, innovative and avant-garde skills for the training of Sound Technicians, Sound designers and Programmers, for recording studio professionals and in live contexts, on analogue systems and in digital environments (Pro-Tools Hd), experimenting with real recording, mixing and recording sessions. Practical classes are organized in small groups to work individually on microphones, signal manipulation, outboard, mix and post-production techniques, both on analogue counters and on entirely digital domains.
|1st YEAR||H.||ECTS||2nd YEAR||H.||ECTS||3nd YEAR||H.||ECTS|
|COTP06||Music theory 1||30||4||Music theory 2||30||4|
|CODM05||History of electro-acoustic music 1||24||3||History of electro-acoustic music 2||24||3||Music History and Historiography||30||5|
|COME03||Music Acoustics||54||6||Music spaces acoustics||24||4||Music spaces acoustics||24||4|
|COME03||Acoustics of music instruments||24||6||Acoustics of music instruments 3||24||6|
|COME04||Audio/video editing and post-production 1||30||9||Audio/video editing and post-production 2||30||9||Audio/video editing and post-production 2||54||5|
|COME04||Recording 1||54||9||Recording 2||54||9||Recording 3||54||9|
|COME04||Amplification and PA systems 1||54||9||Amplification and PA systems 2||45||8|
|COME05||Music information technology||54||7||Sampling and digital sounds elaboration||54||8|
|COME06||Multi-media Programming 1||54||6||Multi-media Programming 2||54||8||Multi-media Programming 3||54||7|
|Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6|
|total hours||1st YEAR||356||60||2nd YEAR||234||60||3rd YEAR||335||60|
- 1) Sound Engineering written test, with compulsory questions with open answers, and 2 optional questions with open answers. Patch-bay projecting and test on mathematic behaviour of compressor or expander
- 2) Sound engineering practical test on the path wiring of the signal in the studio, recording on HD24, HD24 analogic mix with OUTBOARD
- 3) Music Technology written and practical test
- 4) Acoustic Physics written test: calculation of the impedance module, nominal equivalent of a two doors passive net (resistances – coils – condensers) and obtainment of the strength absorbed by the circuit (RMS or maximum peak) when supplied by an alternate power supply.
- 5) Oral test of Acoustic Physics
- 6) Music Theory knowledge test
- 7) Technical English knowledge test
- 8) Interview and discussion with the Examination Board about all carried out tests and possible submission of previous works created by the candidate.
DOWNLOAD THE ADMISSION TESTS PROSPECT
HOW TO APPLY – DATES AND DEADLINES:
The INTAKES (admissions tests) for International Students are held every year in
FEBRUARY (1st INTAKE)
JUNE (2nd INTAKE)
The precise dates will be communicated once the interested students apply for the Courses and, in the case of the Pop and Jazz Course, pass the pre-selection phase.
The APPLICATION PERIOD
for the 1st Intake runs from December 1st to January 30th every year.
for the 2nd Intake runs from December 1st to April 30th every year.
Therefore the Deadline to send the Application Form and the pre-selection video is either January 30th or April 30th, according to the selected intake. Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and/or renounces.
For further details on the Admission Procedure and to fill in the Admission Web-form, please visit the dedicated web-page: