Sound Design for New Media by David Logan – 20-hour module – 3 CFA
Form: 20 hours
Teacher: David Logan
Entry Requirements: Good understanding of the English language
Class size: 14 students
Places available: 14
Limitations: Open to all students of academic, pre-academic and custom courses upon payment of the participation fee (for information on costs, please contact the teaching office).
- The course prepares the student to understand and implement sound design, sound and vocal effects in the field of new media, such as cinema and video games, with a focus on the skills required to work in the sector.
- The particular relationship between sound and moving image will be analyzed and explored with particular attention to the high creativity of each application. Students will be able to prepare a wide range of resources and sound effects for various platforms.
- At the end of the module, the student will have a theoretical and practical knowledge of:
- Creation of original sound effects resources
- Understanding of management and delivery systems in the field of new media
- Lessons are held in English, so a good knowledge of the language is required.
Eligibility on the part of the teacher