The Saint Louis College of Music is certified by Avid Pro Tools and is therefore one of the few tools in the field of “Pro Tools User” and “Pro Tools Operator – Music” to students attending its courses.
For several years now, Pro Tools has been confirmed as the most used and widespread system in the world. Acquiring the “Pro Tools User” certification and, then, “Pro Tools Operator – Music” can open the doors of an industry that requires the ability to record, edit, mix and finalize a work session in a skillful and fast way.
To obtain the certification:
- Pro Tools 101 and Pro Tools 110 , for a total of 40 hours of lessons and pass the exam at the end of each course
- Pro Tools 201 and Pro Tools 210 M , for a total of 40 hours of lessons and pass the exam at the end of each course
The possibilities therefore to obtain the certifications at Saint Louis are:
- Pro Tools User: Standard Course (40 hours) for non-St. Louis students
- Pro Tools User: Smart Course (16 hours) for Saint Louis students who have graduated in Technical years 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18, through 16-hour personalized educational path (this is why many topics included in the Pro Tools 101 and Pro Tools 110 courses have already been addressed in the three-year academic period).
- Pro Tools Operator: Standard Course (40 hours) for externals and those enrolled in the Sound Technician course with Pro Tools User certification
All courses are taught by Avid certified professors from the Department of Sound Technicians and Electronic Music of Saint Louis and exams take place directly on site.
PRO TOOLS USER 100 STANDARD COURSE
- PT101 (16-hour module)
This course introduces the fundamental concepts and principles of the system, from creating a working session to audio recording, managing MIDI and Virtual Instruments, editing tracks, mixing, and lastly exporting the finished piece. Class of maximum 7 students.
At the end of the PT101 course, students must pass to the next PT110 module.
- PT110 (24-hour module)
The course expands and completes the concepts of the PT101 course with the use of recording, editing, and advanced mixing tools. Such as advanced recording setup, audio import and video media, using features such as Loop Recording, MIDI Merge, Elastic Audio, Real-Time Properties, looping and application of signal processors, the use of automations, sub- mix groups and groups of tracks. Class of maximum 7 students.
At the end of the PT110 course, students must pass an exam and obtain the “Pro Tools User” certification.
Schedule PT100 Standard year 2018/2019:
Two intensive weeks, from 1 to 12 July, from Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm.
Participation fees : € 190 (annual enrollment only for non-registered / non-St. Louis students) + € 550 (course fee)
The fee includes: 40 hours of lessons, the two textbooks, and two exam attempts for each module.
PRO TOOLS USER 100 SMART COURSE
(only for Saint Louis graduated students of the first level academic course in Direction and Sound Technology from 2016 to 2018)
- Module of 16 hours, divided into 4 meetings of 4 hours each.
Preparing for the preparation required to pass the final exam. Class of maximum 7 students.
- At the end of the module, the students must pass two exams ( PT101 and PT110) to obtain the “Pro Tools User” certification.
Participation fees: € 320 for Saint Louis students of the year 2018/2019; alumni € 380
The fee includes: 16 hours of lessons, two textbooks, and two attempts for each exam.
Calendar PT100 Smart aa 2018 / 2019
You can choose between:
- Smart Review with Marzia Bulli: April 3 (14: 00-18: 00), April 5 (10: 00-14: 00), April 10 (15: 00-19: 00) and April 12 (10: 00-14 : 00)
- Smart Review with Fabrizio Angelini: May 4 (14: 00-18: 00), May 18 (10: 00-14: 00), June 1 (15: 00-19: 00) and June 15 (10: 00-14 : 00)
PRO TOOLS OPERATOR – MUSIC 200 STANDARD COURSE
- PT201 (16-hour module)
The Pro Tools Production I (PT201) course covers the fundamental concepts needed to operate on a Pro Tools system Ultimate in a professional studio. The course takes up the fundamentals provided in the context of level 100, to provide new tools and techniques of intermediate and advanced levels in the production of music.
Students will learn how to customize the Pro Tools | system configuration HD Native to maximize results and improve recording, editing, and mixing techniques. Lectures and exercises will allow you to optimize system resources, configure I / O, navigate and customize the session, manage the materials in the session, use advanced selections and preview audiences, work with the Clip Gain, apply the techniques of advanced automation, create sub-mixes and apply parallel processing, manage advanced mix techniques, and create professional final results. Class of maximum 7 students.
At the end of the PT201 course, students must pass an exam to access the next PT210M module.
- PT210M (24-hour module)
The Pro Tools Production II PT210M course (Music Production) covers the operating techniques suitable for working with a Pro Tools system Ultimate in a professional recording studio. The lessons already taught in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101), Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) and Pro Tools Production I (PT201) courses are completed here with practical examples of music production.
The lessons and exercises will allow you to optimize the session and work with virtual instruments in MIDI, finish a recording and edit a performance, use Playlists, Dynamic Transport, Beat Detective, work with Bar | Beat markers and Tempo editor, apply static automation, use catalogs and sound libraries, create final bounce, and project stems. Class of maximum 7 students.
Participation fees : € 190 (annual registration only for non-registered / non-St. Louis students) + € 690 (course fee)
The fee includes: 40 hours of lessons, two textbooks, and two tests for each module.
Schedule PT200 Standard year 2018/2019:
Two intensive weeks, from 1 to 12 July, from Monday to Friday, 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Two intensive weeks to be defined in September.