If you are an International student (both EU or NON-EU), please follow these steps:
1. Prepare for the PRE-SELECTION
- Video record (through any means / device) containing 4 tunes performed by you, of which a minimum of 3 must be performed in a band (trio at least). Live performance videos are accepted. At least 2 of the 4 tunes should be chosen from the given list. Videos have to be uploaded on youtube or other similar web portals and must be indicated in the Application Form.
2. FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM
3. Wait for the PRE-SELECTION RESULTS:
The candidates who pass the pre-selection will be admitted to the Admission Test, to be sit in February or June.
4. Prepare for the ADMISSION TEST
(to be sit in case of a positive outcome of the pre-selection procedure)
- a) Performance of compulsory tunes belonging to the popular tradition *
- b) Extemporaneous “comping” tests in different styles: Latin music, shuffle, pop, swing, rock, funk (for bass players, drummers, guitar and piano players only) *
- d) First-sight scores reading test
- e) Instrument / vocal technical knowledge test
* THESE TESTS HAVE TO BE TAKEN IN GROUP, A TRIO THE LEAST. A RHYTHMIC SECTION COMPOSED BY PIANO, DRUMS, AND BASS IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES, UNDER REQUEST.
Music theory and harmony test
Ear training test
- a) Music dictation
- b) Solfeggio test and intervals and chord identification / singing test
Supplementary oral test
- a) Evaluation of the artistic and didactic candidate’s CV
- b) Evaluation of possible supplementary plan (not for pianists)
- c) Evaluation of possible original compositions, recordings and / or recording productions of the candidates
- d) Interview, based on music, general and motivational issues
HOW TO APPLY – DATES AND DEADLINES
The INTAKES (admissions tests) for International Students are held every year in
FEBRUARY (1st INTAKE)
JUNE (2nd INTAKE)
The precise dates will be communicated once the interested students apply for the Courses and, in the case of the Pop and Jazz Course, pass the pre-selection phase.
The APPLICATION PERIOD
for the 1st Intake runs from December 1st to January 30th every year.
for the 2nd Intake runs from December 1st to April 30th every year.
Therefore the Deadline to send the Application Form and the pre-selection video is either January 30th or April 30th, according to the selected intake. Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and/or renounces.
For further details on the Admission Procedure and to fill in the Admission Web-form, please visit the dedicated web-page: http://saintlouiscollege.eu/international-students