On this page you will find all the information regarding the Admission of International Students to the ACADEMIC COURSES .
To apply for the other Non-Academic Courses (ex. Junior Courses, Custom Courses, etc.) please contact our International Office.
WHO CAN APPLY
EU or NON-EU citizens who have achieved a secondary school diploma or equivalent in their country of origin or in Italy.
NON-EU STUDENTS: For international students coming from outside the EU, the modalities, deadlines and rules for the Academic Courses of Saint Louis are established by the Italian Ministry for Education. Usually the student has to apply to the Italian Embassy of their Country.
So, please contact your Embassy for further details and to start your application procedure. To get to know more about international applications, please visit the page: http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/
HOW TO APPLY
1st Cycle Academic Degree – Jazz / Pop / Electronic Music / Sound Engineering / Composition
To be admitted to the 1st Cycle of the Academic Degrees.
The Didactic Board will draw a merit ranking which will indicate the admitted students, taking into account the available places.
In order to sit the Admission Test , please proceed according to the following step:
- 1) Fill in the APPLICATION FORM .
- 2) PRE-SELECTIONS (FOR JAZZ AND POP MUSIC COURSES ONLY): record on screen (through any means / device. Phone recordings are accepted as long as they have clear sound) containing 4 tunes performed by the candidate, of which minimum of 3 must be performed in a band (trio at least). Live performance Videos are accepted. At least 2 of the 4 tunes should be chosen from the given list ( jazz list ; pop list ). The videos have to be uploaded on youtube or other similar web portals, and must be indicated in the Application Form.
- 3) Wait for the pre-selections results: the candidates who pass the pre-selections to the Admission Test, to be sit in July or in September.
- 4) Sit the admission test (see below for the program)
NB: The whole procedure is free of charge, but a registration fee is required. Saint Louis’ direct application process, and the final part of the procedure (sitting the admission test) has to be carried out according to the Ministry of Education and collaboration with the local student Italian Embassy.
See the DIDACTIC PROGRAMS of the Admission Tests:
- Jazz Admission
- Popular Music Admission
- Sound Engineering Admission
- Electronic Music Admission
- Composition and Film Scoring Admission
2nd Cycle Academic Degree – Jazz Composition and Arrangement
To gain access to the 2nd Cycle Academic Degree the candidate has to pass an ADMISSION TEST .
The Didactic Board will draw a merit which will indicate the number of available places.
WHEN TO APPLY
The INTAKES (admissions tests) for International Students are held every year in
FEBRUARY / MARCH (1st INTAKE)
JUNE (2nd INTAKE)
The precise dates will be communicated once the student is interested in the courses and, in the case of the Pop and Jazz Course, pass the pre-selection phase.
The APPLICATION PERIOD
for the 1st Intake runs from December 1st to January 30th every year.
for the 2nd Intake runs from December 1st to April 30th every year.
Therefore the Deadline to send the Application Form and the pre-selection video is either January 30th or April 30th, according to Functional Functional Functional Functional Functional selected the intake. Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and / or renounces.