Instrument or singing
The main admission test is the one relative to the student’s specific instrument or vocals. If the student does not meet the minimum requirements, he/she can attend a one year preparatory course meant to reach the necessary level for the admission to the pre-academic course.
On the basis of the test’s outcome the admission Board can decide to admit the student directly to the second or third pre-academic year, if the student demonstrate particular skills and knowledge.
After the instrument/vocals admission test, that is determinant for the pre-academic admission, the student will also sit the Theory, Harmony, Solfeggio and applied Harmony tests, in order to be positioned in the most appropriate classes according to his/her level.
The minimum required knowledge to gain the admission is listed below:
Electric Bass – Double Bass
Basic technique, music staff reading in bass key, Major scales and relative Minor ones for and octave, Chromatic Scale, Rhythm studies.
Education to the traditional and matched training, full-medium-low blows, study of music values and symbols, basic coordination on the instrument, rudiments.
Theoretical knowledge of the sound apparatus and relative organs. Breath training Impostazione della respirazione (sound sustain and emission). Study of the pronounce and articulation of vowels and consonants on the extension. Notions of high, intensity, timber. Major scale intonation, intonation of fragments of the chromatic scale, intervals up to the perfect 5th (excluding augmented 4th).
Basic technique, music staff reading in violin key, Major scales and relative Minor ones for and octave, Chromatic Scale, Rhythm studies.
- a) Settings hints and levers, wrist, palms and phalanxes articulation; consequent posture application on the hand basic sounds
- b) Basic coordination of the hands on at least three of the main instruments: tumbadora, bongò, paila (congas, bongos, timbales)
- c) ”Sticking” analysis (hands combination: ”maneseo”), especially used on other percussions, too (djembè, darabukka, zarb, cajòn, udu, digital percussion), rudiments hints on one of the main instruments.
- Instrument setting, articulation, drops, thrusts, legato, staccato. Major and Minor scales in parallel motion in 1 octave (2 octaves extension under opinion of the educator). Triads and inversions. Harmoni connection. Symmetric progression (by 4th and 5th) for the connection of triads and inversions. Triads sequential chords in all positions without thumb passage. First improvisation exercises on simple harmonic connections or short sequences or “blues” form and relative hints on pentatonic and blues scales. Classic piano studies and literature.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY: Technique: POZZOLI “tecnica giornaliera del pianista”, HANON “il pianista Virtuoso”, V.MANNINO “le scale per pianoforte” Studi tecnici: CZERNY, czerniana 1° vol. (racc.) e/o POZZOLI, 30 studi elementari. Literature: CESI-MARCIANO, antologia 1° vol. e/o BACH, il mio 1° Bach e/o BACH, quaderno di A. Magdalena.
POP: MARK HARRISON “The pop piano book”
Sax – Trumpet – Trombone
Setting, sound emission, 6 major scales and major arpeggios, reading of simple studies.
programme available from June 2015 on.