History of the musical theater by Adriano Melchiorre – CFA 2
Form: 20 hours
Teacher: Adriano Melchiorre
Frequency: Every 2 weeks
Entry Requirements: None
Class size: 20 students
Places available: 6
Limitations: Open to all students of academic courses, excluding composition students and film music.
- Birth of the Opera.
- The development of serious opera and the birth of the opera buffa.
- Gluck and the reform of melodrama.
- The great Italian melodrama from Rossini to Verdi; the Opera in France and Germany
- The Italian Opera between the nineteenth and twentieth centuries
- The Italian Opera from Puccini to Pizzetti.
- New trends.
- The work of the twentieth century in the rest of Europe.
- Donald Jay gìGrout: A Brief History of the Opera (ed. Rusconi, 1995).
- Lorenzo Arruga: Italian opera theater (ed. Feltrinelli).
- Dictionary of the Opera, curated by Piero Gelli (ed. Baldini & Castoldi)
Paper to be agreed with the teacher on a topic of musical dramaturgy with reference to the topics covered during the course.