History from the Be Bop to the present day (International Jazz) by Adriano Mazzoletti – 20 hours module – CFA 3
Form: 20 hours
Teacher: Adriano Mazzoletti
Frequency: Every 2 weeks
Entry Requirements: None
Class size: 20 students
Places available: 10
Limitations: Open to all students of academic courses, excluding jazz students.
- Be Bop at Minton’s Playhouse, Chicago Boppers, and Cool Jazz
- From east to west: Jazz in California
- The Third Stream: The third current
- The legacy of the Bebop. From Milestones to Kind of Blues, Free Jazz, Electric Jazz, Rock, and Acid Jazz.
- The new sound of jazz, the new homelands of jazz.
Two or more lessons will be dedicated to each topic, listening to, and analyzing the most important and significant works created by ensembles, orchestras, arrangers, soloists, and singers from the origins to the present. Also related to filmed examples and in the history of world jazz, we will proceed in parallel with the socio-political history of the 20th century.