HARMONY APPLIED TO THE PIANO
The entry test of Harmony applied to piano is optional and it is not considered necessary for the admission to the pre-academic courses. It is usefull to insert the student in the most appropriate class for his/her level.
The students who do not have any knowledge of piano are insirted in the first year class of Piano Basic technique
Those who already have a suffcient knowledge of piano will be inserted in the classes of Harmony applied to piano level 1 or 2.
FOR THE ADMISSION TO THE COURSE IN HARMONY APPLIED TO PIANO LEVEL 1
The students that demonstrate the following competences can access the course through a practical test
- basic elements of piano technique: posture, articulation of the 5 fingeres, legato
- Exercises for the 5 fingers in all tonalities and in various combinated formulas
- Tecnique of the “passaggio del pollice”
- The major scale in all tonalities (in 1 or, depending on the teacher’s decision , in 2 octaves)
- Reading of simple piano scores (double staff)
- Reproduction of the intarvals on the piano
- Rendition of the sequence of the descending and ascending “circolo delle quinte” on the piano piano (single notes reproduction)
- Rendition of various symmetrical sequences of notes (given a costant interval)
- Triads: major, minor, augmented and diminished
- I rivolti delle triadi
- Construction of the triads on the degrees of the major scales (up to 3 diesis and flat)
- Linking of a consecutive series of triads using the tecnique of the harmonic relations
- Symmetric progressions for the 3rd, 4th e 5th “salti” to be performed with all the triads
- Linking of the chords of the most important harmonic sequences with the harmonic relation. (I-IV-V-I; II-V-I;giro armonico nelle 2 formule I-VI-II-V e II-V-IV-I) up to two or three diesis/flat
- Esercizi di concatenazione estemporanea delle triadi sulla base di sigle date
- Study or repertoire to develop the techniques of piano accompaniment based mostly on triads and rivolti
- Study of various styles of accompaniment (rythmic-harmonic) depending on the piano tecnical level of the course.