Electronic Music / Sound Engineering Pre-Academic Course
The Sound Engineering and Electronic Music Department is dedicated to the creation of professionals with great opportunities of employment in the job market.
The pre-academic Course constitutes a preparation year that is fundamental to the subsequent access to the courses in Electronic music composition and in Sound Engineering.
The professionals of these areas are among the most requested ones in the job market, from recording studios to radio-tv studios, from production centres for videos and documentaries to the new technologies of the multimedia world. In particular, the main professional outlets are:
- sound engineers for live events and in recording, radio/tv or broadcasting studios
- composers of electronic music and applied music
- soundtrack composers for films and commercials
- Music Technology operators and Sound Designers
The pre-academic course represents an intense theoretic and practical path on the several aspects of music technologies, to offer a wide and complete view on the subject and offering the most solid basis for the preparation and admission to higher education courses. It allows therefore the aware choice of the subsequent study path.
The pre-academic course prepares to the access of the following degree courses:
Access to the degree courses
- Electronic music Composer and Author 1st cycle three years academic degree in Electronic Music, Composition specialization – 950 hours approximately (equal to Bachelor’s Degree – High School Diploma required)
- 1st cycle three years academic degree in Electronic Music, Sound Technology specialization – 1.000 hours approximately (equal to Bachelor’s Degree – High School Diploma required)
There is no entry test to gain access to the pre-academic course. The course willingly starts from a zero level, in order to offer the same theoretic-practical knowledge to all students. Before registering to the course it is possible to participate in our orientation meetings with the Didactic Direction or in the OPEN DAYS, an entire day to live as a Saint Louis student, attending classes, lectures, labs, and meeting the responsible of the student’s course of interest.