ELECTRONIC MUSIC & SOUND ENGINEERING
Pre-Academic / Foundation Course
The Sound Engineering and Electronic Music Department is dedicated to the creation of professionals with great opportunities of employment in the job market.
The pre-academic Course constitutes a preparation year that is fundamental to the subsequent access to the Bachelor Courses in Electronic music composition and in Sound Engineering.
The professionals of these areas are among the most requested ones in the job market, from recording studios to radio-tv studios, from production centres for videos and documentaries to the new technologies of the multimedia world. In particular, the main professional outlets are:
- sound engineers for live events and in recording, radio/tv or broadcasting studios
- composers of electronic music and applied music
- soundtrack composers for films and commercials
- Music Technology operators and Sound Designers
The pre-academic course represents an intense theoretic and practical path on the several aspects of music technologies, to offer a wide and complete view on the subject and offering the most solid basis for the preparation and admission to higher education courses. It allows therefore the aware choice of the subsequent study path.
At the end of the pre-academic course the student can gain direct access to the Bachelor Courses:
- Electronic Music Composition – 1st cycle academic course, Bachelor level, 3 years duration
- Sound Engineering – 1st cycle academic course, Bachelor level, 3 years duration
There is no entry test to gain access to the pre-academic course. The course willingly starts from a zero level, in order to offer the same theoretic-practical knowledge to all students. Before registering to the course it is possible to participate in our orientation meetings with the Didactic Direction or in the OPEN DAYS, an entire day to live as a Saint Louis student, attending classes, lectures, labs, and meeting the responsible of the student’s course of interest.