ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION BACHELOR
The 3-years 1st Cycle Academic Degree in Electronic Music Production grants the student cultural and technical specific skills enabling him/her to translate into practice his/her own artistic ideas or someone else’s ones. Bearing this target in mind, a special focus is set on the study of electro-acoustic music repertoire, both historical and contemporary, as well as on the in-depth study of analytic methodologies, including the history of electro-acoustic and data technologies in appliance to music. Such targets will also have to be reached enhancing the development of the earing perceptive and the memorization skills, especially as far as sound materials of the electro-acoustic music repertoire are concerned. At the end of the three-year Course,the students will have deep knowledge of stylistic, historic and aesthetic sides of electronic music. Besides, each student will have the appropriate skills relative to the implementation of data and electro-acoustic instrumentations.
|1st YEAR||H.||ECTS||2nd YEAR||H.||ECTS||3nd YEAR||H.||ECTS|
|MUSIC THEORY||Music theory 1||30||4||Music theory 2||30||4||Rock and Pop Harmony||30||6|
|HISTORY and ANALYSIS||Music history and historiography 1||20||2||Music history and historiography 2||20||2||History of music applied to images||30||3|
|History of electro-acoustic music 1||24||3||History of electro-acoustic music 2||24||3||History of electro-acoustic music 3||24||3|
|MUSIC ACOUSTICS||Music Instruments acoustics||24||6||Music acoustics||54||6|
|Electro-acoustics||24||4||Music spaces acoustics||24||4|
|PERFORMANCE||Perfomance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 1||32||8||Perfomance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 2||32||8||Executive and control locations for live electronics||64||12|
|MUSIC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||Programming of audio and music applications||32||3|
|COMPOSITION||Composition 1||32||9||Composition 2||32||11||Composition 3||32||7|
|Electro-acoustic music composition 1||64||12||Electro-acoustic music composition 2||64||10||Composition for music applied to images||30||8|
|PIANO PRACTICE||Piano practice 1||32||4||Piano practice 2||32||4||Piano practice 3||32||6|
|ENGLISH / ITALIAN||English / Italian||20||2||English / Italian||20||2|
|Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6|
Final thesis and performance
|total hours||1st YEAR||302||60||2nd YEAR||332||60||3rd YEAR||274||60|
- 1) Live electronics practical test
- 2) Music Technology written and practical test
- 3) Music Theory knowledge test
- 4) Sound Engineering written test with compulsory questions with open answers, and 2 optional questions with open answers. Patch-bay projecting and test on mathematic behaviour of compressor or expander
- 5) Acoustic Physics written test: calculation of the impedance module, nominal equivalent of a two doors passive net (resistances – coils – condensers) and obtainment of the strength absorbed by the circuit (RMS or maximum peak) when supplied by an alternate power supply.
- 6) Oral test of Acoustic Physics
- 7) Technical English knowledge test
- 8) Interview and discussion with the Examination Board about all carried out tests and possible submission of previous works created by the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY – DATES AND DEADLINES:
The admissions tests for International Students to enter the 1st cycle academic degree in Electronic Music Composition are held in Mid July and Early September every year. The precise dates will be communicated once the interested students apply for the Course.
The APPLICATION PERIOD runs from January 8th to April 30th every year.
Therefore the Deadline to send the Application Form and the pre-selection video is April 30th. Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and/or renounces.
NB: FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019, THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MAY 31st 2018
For further details on the Admission Procedure and to fill in the Admission Web-form, please visit the dedicated web-page: