ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION BACHELOR
The 3-years 1st Cycle Academic Degree in Electronic Music Production grants the student cultural and technical specific skills enabling him/her to translate into practice his/her own artistic ideas or someone else’s ones.
Bearing this target in mind, a special focus is set on the study of electro-acoustic music repertoire, both historical and contemporary, as well as on the in-depth study of analytic methodologies, including the history of electro-acoustic and data technologies in appliance to music.
Such targets will also have to be reached enhancing the development of the earing perceptive and the memorization skills, especially as far as sound materials of the electro-acoustic music repertoire are concerned. At the end of the three-year Course,the students will have deep knowledge of stylistic, historic and aesthetic sides of electronic music.
Besides, each student will have the appropriate skills relative to the implementation of data and electro-acoustic instrumentations.
|1st YEAR||H.||ECTS||2nd YEAR||H.||ECTS||3nd YEAR||H.||ECTS|
|COTP06||Music theory 1||30||4||Music theory 2||30||4||Rock and Pop Harmony||30||4|
|CODM04||Music Information Technology||32||4|
|COME04||History of electro-acoustic music 1||24||3||History of electro-acoustic music 2||24||3||Music History and historiography||30||5|
|COME03||Music Instruments acoustics||24||6||Music acoustics||24||6||Music spaces acoustics||24||4|
|COME04||Electro-acoustics 1||24||4||Electro-acoustics 2||30||3|
|COME01||Performance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 1||64||12||Performance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 2||45||4||Performance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 3||64||10|
|COME01||Executive and control locations for live electronics||64||9|
|CODC01||Composition 1||32||9||Composition 2||32||9||Composition 3||32||9|
|COME02||Electro-acoustic music composition 1||64||12||Audio-visual integrated composition||64||12|
|COTP03||Piano practice 1||32||4||Piano practice 2||32||4|
|ELECTIVE STUDIES||Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6|
|FINAL ASSESSMENT||Final thesis and performance||6|
|total hours||1st YEAR||294||60||2nd YEAR||345||60||3rd YEAR||180||60|
- 1) Live electronics practical test
- 2) Music Technology written and practical test
- 3) Music Theory knowledge test
- 4) Sound Engineering written test with compulsory questions with open answers, and 2 optional questions with open answers. Patch-bay projecting and test on mathematic behaviour of compressor or expander
- 5) Acoustic Physics written test: calculation of the impedance module, nominal equivalent of a two doors passive net (resistances – coils – condensers) and obtainment of the strength absorbed by the circuit (RMS or maximum peak) when supplied by an alternate power supply.
- 6) Oral test of Acoustic Physics
- 7) Technical English knowledge test
- 8) Interview and discussion with the Examination Board about all carried out tests and possible submission of previous works created by the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY – DATES AND DEADLINES:
The INTAKES (admissions tests) for International Students are held every year in
FEBRUARY (1st INTAKE)
JUNE (2nd INTAKE)
The precise dates will be communicated once the interested students apply for the Courses and, in the case of the Pop and Jazz Course, pass the pre-selection phase.
The APPLICATION PERIOD
for the 1st Intake runs from December 1st to January 30th every year.
for the 2nd Intake runs from December 1st to April 30th every year.
Therefore the Deadline to send the Application Form and the pre-selection video is either January 30th or April 30th, according to the selected intake. Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and/or renounces.
For further details on the Admission Procedure and to fill in the Admission Web-form, please visit the dedicated web-page: http://saintlouiscollege.eu/international-students