Digital Composition for New Media by David Logan – 20-hour module – 3 CFA
Form: 20 hours
Teacher: David Logan
Entry Requirements: Good understanding of the English language
Class size: 14 students
Places available: 14
Limitations: Open to all students of academic, pre-academic and custom courses upon payment of participation fee (for information on costs, please contact the teaching office).
- The course prepares students to understand and create music for new media, including video games and films, with focus on the skills required to work in the field. Students will prepare a wide variety of compositions in different styles based on the techniques explained in class. Real examples will be brought into the classroom for analysis and discussion.
- In addition to the composition, students will also be able to learn the basics of recording and producing soundtrack entirely “inside the box” (on a laptop). At the end of this module, the student will have a theoretical and practical knowledge of:
- Principles and techniques necessary for the composition for new media
- Practical knowledge of production processes for soundtracks
- Principles and techniques of tonal harmony for new media
- Lessons are held in English, so a good knowledge of the language is required.
Eligibility on the part of the teacher