1st Cycle Academic Diploma (Bachelor/Undergraduate Level)
Authorized by MIUR, the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research
- Creation of original music projects with live and studio ensembles
- Live performances and multimedia productions
- Short films soundtracks creation
- Music for videogames production
- Music for media
- Total tuition hours per year: 982
A 3-year academic path strongly targeted to the the demands of the world market, constantly evolving to provide artistic and compositional support to various entertainment industries (Cinema, Television, Gaming, Prose, Musical, Communication). Technology plays a fundamental role in applied music since the composer must have an ample competence in composing and orchestrating virtually, in processing with sound through a synthesis and sampling technique, in processing and assembling all the sound information in a multichannel or 3D mix. In addition to the classical subjects of musical compositional direction, technological subjects are therefore added to allow the student to gain confidence and competence with musical informatics, sound design, electronic music, and virtual Phonia.
920 HOURS of lessons, creative workshops, and insights
20 HOURS of intensive seminars and workshops
60 HOURS live performances and multimedia productions
10 STUDENTS selected through an Admission Test every year
The 1st cycle academic diploma issued by Saint Louis is equally valid both in Italy and in Europe, as all qualifications issued by Italian and European Conservatories.
The Course is of EQF level 6 and enhances the student, upon termination, to access Master Level Courses (EQF 7) both in Italy and abroad. To better understand the EQF – European Qualification Framework – for the Italian Higher Education System please visit the website Quadro dei Titoli Italiani.
The Course is ECTS based. Every year is worth 60 ECTS credits, for a total of 180 ECTS credits. To better understand the ECTS – European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System – please visit the dedicated page on the European Commission website.
Breakthroughs and opportunities
At the end of the three-year Course, the graduated student will have the necessary skills and experience for his/her own artistic career.
He/she will be ready to practice the acquired profession as composer of
- Soundtracks for cinema and television (films, series, fiction, documentaries, broadcasts, and columns)
- Music for advertising, commercials, trailers, and theme songs
- Music for radio broadcasts
- Soundtracks for video games
- Music for theater plays, prose, and musicals
- Music and demos for the music industry related to the production of virtual musical instruments and various apps, sound libraries, synthesizers and hardware samplers
- Music for communication (internet, telephone)
- Music for sound archives and music libraries
or will have the chance to choose to continue his/her studies, attending the further two-year specialization course in Applied Music.
Applied Music graduated Students willing to continue in specialization Courses of other Departments (ex. Songwriting, Composition, Electronic Music, etc.) will have to sit an Admission Test.