MUSIC TECHNOLOGY & SOUND ENGINEERING BACHELOR
The Music Technology and Sound Engineering Bachelor is an innovative and up-to-date Course, targeted to the creation of professionals such as live or recording studio Sound Engineers, Sound Designers and Programmers, tv/radio sound engineers, Midi programmers and music technicians.
Diploma di specializzazione in Tecnico del suono, un bagaglio di esperienze e competenze completo, innovativo e all’avanguardia per la formazione di Tecnici del Suono, Sound designer e Programmatori, per professionisti di studio di registrazione e in contesti live, su sistemi analogici e in ambienti digitali (Pro-Tools Hd), sperimentando sessioni reali di registrazione, missaggio e produzione discografica.Nei laboratori di pratica si lavora in piccoli gruppi e individualmente su tecniche di ripresa microfoni, manipolazione del segnale, outboard, mix e post-produzione, sia su banchi analogici che su domini interamente digitali..
|1st YEAR||H.||ECTS||2nd YEAR||H.||ECTS||3nd YEAR||H.||ECTS|
|MUSIC THEORY||Music theory 1||36||4||Music theory 2||36||4|
|HISTORY and ANALYSIS||Music history and historiography 1||20||2||Music history and historiography 2||20||2||Music history and historiography 3||20||2|
|History of electro-acoustic music 1||24||3||History of electro-acoustic music 2||24||3||History of electro-acoustic music 3||24||3|
|MUSIC ACOUSTICS||Acoustics of music instruments 1||24||6||Acoustics of music instruments 2||24||6||Acoustics of music instruments 3||24||6|
|Audio/video editing and post-production 1||30||6||Audio/video editing and post-production 2||30||6||Audio/video editing and post-production 3||30||6|
|Amplification and PA systems 1||54||7||Amplification and PA systems 2||54||7||Amplification and PA systems 3||30||6|
|Recording 1||27||7||Recording 2||27||7||Recording 3||27||7|
|Perfomance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 1||27||3||Performance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 2||27||3||Perfomance and interpretation of electro-acoustic music 3||27||3|
|MUSIC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||Sound sampling, synthesis and digital elaboration 1||27||3||Music information technology 1||27||3||Music information technology 2||27||3|
|COMPOSITION||Composition 1||54||7||Composition 2||54||7||Composition 3||54||7|
|Digital composition 1||27||4||Digital composition 2||27||4||Digital composition 3||27||4|
|ENGLISH / ITALIAN||English / Italian||30||2||English / Italian||30||2||English / Italian||30||2|
|Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6||Elective Subjects||6|
|total hours||1st YEAR||380||60||2nd YEAR||380||60||3rd YEAR||320||60|
- 1) Sound Engineering written test (see the program) with compulsory questions with open answers, and 2 optional questions with open answers. Patch-bay projecting and test on mathematic behaviour of compressor or expander
- 2) Sound engineering practical test on the path wiring of the signal in the studio, recording on HD24, HD24 analogic mix with OUTBOARD
- 3) Music Technology written and practical test (see the program)
- 4) Acoustic Physics written test: calculation of the impedance module, nominal equivalent of a two doors passive net (resistances – coils – condensers) and obtainment of the strength absorbed by the circuit (RMS or maximum peak) when supplied by an alternate power supply.
- 5) Oral test of Acoustic Physics
- 6) Music Theory knowledge test (see the program)
- 7) Technical English knowledge test
- 8) Interview and discussion with the Examination Board about all carried out tests and possible submission of previous works created by the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY – DATES AND DEADLINES:
The admissions tests for International Students to enter the 1st cycle academic degree in Sound Engineering are held in Mid July and Early September every year. The precise dates will be communicated once the interested students apply for the Course.
The APPLICATION PERIOD runs from January 8th to April 30th every year.
Therefore the Deadline to send the Application Form is April 30th. Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and/or renounces.
NB: FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019, THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MAY 31st 2018
For further details on the Admission Procedure and to fill in the Admission Web-form, please visit the dedicated web-page: