Music courses especially designed for kids and teenagers are thus subdivided:
- Junior from 6 to 9 years old (see below)
- Junior from 9 to 12 years old
- High school pre-academic course from 13 to 17 years old
Junior Courses from 6 to 9 years old
School age music education is extremely important to develop musicality, intonation, music ear and talent. Playing an instrument, singing and interacting with other musicians constitute an important element in the personality development of a kid or a teenager, a unique education to stimulate sensitivity and creativity.
This new Junior section was therefore designed by Saint Louis as a first approach to music, behind the fact the kid will choose music as a future profession.
The course is targeted to the learning approach to one of the following instruments:
- Electric Bass
The learning of a music language happens through imitation, just like for speaking, and especially with kids through having fun, using one’s own instrument (bing it guitar, piano, drums or violin) as well as vocals. Music is a real language: each of us did not learn how to speak by studying grammar, orthography or reading a dictionary, but by repeating sillables, words and sentences after listening them pronounced by grown up people. Too many mistakes in the last century didactics led many potential good musicians to abandon or even hate music because of completely wrong methods in which the approach was to stiff, scholastic, rich in strong rules instead of exchange and curiosity. An old methodology which forced, for example, the solfeggio as a priority (now abandoned in the whole world music Institutions), which obviously discouraged the little musicians-to-be.
The course implies the attendance of 1 or 2 lessons a week, thus subdivided:
- one individual instrument/vocals class lasting 40 minutes
- one ensemble music optional collective class, targeted to the development of the skill to play in a band and to the learning of the basis of music theory applied to choir singing, meant to develop a practical and music sense of harmony, thus contributing to
- overcome a common shyness in group singing
- instrument/vocals individual classes – structured on the basis of the didactic necessities of the little student, targeted both to the learning of the basic technique of the chosen instrument and to the better understanding of the music language
- ensemble music classes – targeted to the development of the skill of playing in a band, confronting with the other little students and building a repertoire to be performed by mid and the end of the year on a real stage
- music theory and choir – targeted to the understanding of harmony basis applying them to choir singing and developing a practical and music harmonic sense
- Classes are held by qualified educators, who graduated in our Institute and specialized in teaching to children
- The instrument/vocals individual lesson can be held at home, upon request, with the chance of choosing day and daytime