In this page you’ll find all the info regarding the Admission of International Students to the ACADEMIC COURSES.
To apply for the other Non-Academic Courses (ex. Junior Courses, Custom Courses, etc.) please contact our International Office.
WHO CAN APPLY
EU or NON-EU citizens who have achieved a secondary school Diploma or equivalent either in their Country of origin or in Italy.
NON-EU STUDENTS: For International students coming from Countries outside the EU, the modalities, deadlines and rules to apply for the Academic Courses at Saint Louis are established by the Italian Ministry for Education. Usually the student has to apply directly to the Italian Embassy of their Country. So, please contact your Embassy for further details and to start your application procedure. To get to know more about International applications, please visit the page: http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/
1st Cycle Academic Degree – Jazz/Pop/Electronic Music/Sound Engineering/Composition
To be admitted to the 1st Cycle of the Academic Degrees, students have to pass an admission test which will include all the main subjects relative to the selected didactic area.
On the basis of the outcomes of the test, the Didactic Board will draw a merit ranking which will indicate the admitted students, taking into account the available places.
In order to sit the Admission Test, please proceed according to the following step:
- 1) PRE-SELECTIONS (for Jazz, Pop only): record a video (through any means/device. Mobile phone recordings are accepted as long as they have a clear sound) containing 4 tunes performed by the candidate, of which a minimum of 3 must be performed in a band (trio at least). Live performance Videos are accepted. At least 2 of the 4 tunes should be chosen from the given list (jazz list; pop list). The videos have to be uploaded on youtube or other similar web portals, and must be indicated in the Application Form.
- 2) Fill in the Application Form.
- 3) Wait for the pre-selections results: the candidates who pass the pre-selections will be admitted to the Admission Test, to be sit in July or in September.
- 4) Sit the admission test (see below for the program).
- 5) The whole procedure is free of charge. A registration fee is required only if the student passes the admission test.
See the didactic program of the Admission Tests:
- Jazz Admission
- Popular Music Admission
- Sound Engineering Admission
- Electronic Music Admission
- Composition and Film Scoring Admission
2nd Cycle Academic Degree – Jazz Composition and Arrangement
To gain access to the 2nd Cycle Academic Degree the candidate has to pass an admission test.
On the basis of the outcomes of the test, the Didactic Board will draw a merit ranking which will indicate the admitted students, taking into account the number of available places.
For further details regarding the admission test: 2nd cycle degree admission test
The admissions tests for International Students are held in July and September every year.
The deadlines for International Students to submit the application form for the next academic year are:
– 13th of June 2017, to sit the admission test in July
– 29th of August 2017, to sit the admission test in September
Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and/or renounces.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
The fee for International Students attending the Academic Courses is € 4.000 per year.
All students applying to the Academic Courses can apply for two kinds of scholarships:
- Saint Louis private scholarships. Please visit the dedicated page
- Laziodisu (Agency for the Right to Study) scholarships: www.laziodisu.it