In this page you’ll find all the info regarding the Admission of International Students to the ACADEMIC COURSES.
To apply for the other Non-Academic Courses (ex. Junior Courses, Custom Courses, etc.) please contact our International Office.
EU or NON-EU citizens who have achieved a secondary school Diploma or equivalent either in their Country of origin or in Italy.
NON-EU STUDENTS: For International students coming from Countries outside the EU, the modalities, deadlines and rules to apply for the Academic Courses at Saint Louis are established by the Italian Ministry for Education. Usually the student has to apply directly to the Italian Embassy of their Country. So, please contact your Embassy for further details and to start your application procedure. To get to know more about International applications, please visit the page: http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/
1st Cycle Academic Degree – Jazz/Pop/Electronic Music/Sound Engineering/Composition
To be admitted to the 1st Cycle of the Academic Degrees, students have to pass an admission test which will include all the main subjects relative to the selected didactic area.
On the basis of the outcomes of the test, the Didactic Board will draw a merit ranking which will indicate the admitted students, taking into account the available places.
In order to sit the Admission Test, please proceed according to the following step:
- 1) Fill in the APPLICATION FORM.
- 2) PRE-SELECTIONS (FOR JAZZ AND POP MUSIC COURSES ONLY): record a video (through any means/device. Mobile phone recordings are accepted as long as they have a clear sound) containing 4 tunes performed by the candidate, of which a minimum of 3 must be performed in a band (trio at least). Live performance Videos are accepted. At least 2 of the 4 tunes should be chosen from the given list (jazz list; pop list). The videos have to be uploaded on youtube or other similar web portals, and must be indicated in the Application Form.
- 3) Wait for the pre-selections results: the candidates who pass the pre-selections will be admitted to the Admission Test, to be sit in July or in September.
- 4) Sit the admission test (see below for the program)
NB: The whole procedure is free of charge, a registration fee is required only if the student passes the admission test. Saint Louis direct application Process, and in particular the pre-selection phase, can be carried out by NON-EU students while carrying on their Application in the Italian Embassy, but the final part of the procedure (sitting the admission test) has to be carried out according to the rules and deadlines set by the Ministry of Education and in collaboration with the student local Italian Embassy.
See the DIDACTIC PROGRAMS of the Admission Tests:
- Jazz Admission
- Popular Music Admission
- Sound Engineering Admission
- Electronic Music Admission
- Composition and Film Scoring Admission
2nd Cycle Academic Degree – Jazz Composition and Arrangement
To gain access to the 2nd Cycle Academic Degree the candidate has to pass an ADMISSION TEST.
On the basis of the outcomes of the test, the Didactic Board will draw a merit ranking which will indicate the admitted students, taking into account the number of available places.
The admissions tests for International Students are held in Mid July and Early September every year. The precise dates will be communicated once the interested students apply for the Courses and , in the case of the Pop and Jazz Course, pass the pre-selection phase.
The APPLICATION PERIOD runs from January 8th to April 30th every year.
Therefore the Deadline to send the Application Form and the pre-selection video is April 30th. Late applications will be singularly considered, at the Direction’s discretion, on the basis of possible available places and/or renounces.
NB: FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019, THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MAY 31st 2018